We’re always up to one madcap adventure or another….
- We have a mascot called Barbershop Barbie (or BB) who accompanies us everywhere in her custom-made-to-match outfit. You can track the adventures of BB on our fun Facebook page!
- In May 2013 and May 2012, we were invited to sing our barbershop version of Swing Low, Sweet Chariot on the pitch at Twickenham before the England vs Barbarians rugby game
- In November 2012, Innocent Drinks invited us to film a little viral to support their Big Knit campaign – a local Sainsbury’s kindly agreed to let us take over the store for filming, so we spent a fun and madcap Sunday morning filming around the store while singing
- We were also invited to sing on Absolute Radio to help them host an OnAir competition they were running
- There’s always a fancy dress evening at the annual Ladies Barbershop Convention – but we always take these things quite seriously: the theme two years ago was “Christmas” – we decided to create a Nativity Tableau, with Mary and a bearded Joseph, and two chorus members hiring a pantomime camel outfit to walk around for the evening. It was such fun, and we received quite a few amused looks that evening…